Curing the disease…
KAVI is a hospital, school, and community-based organization that provides young people with productive and safe alternatives to engaging in interpersonal violence by empowering youth and cultivating their untapped potential.
Kings Against Violence seeks to:
· Decrease total incidence of violence in Brooklyn and its surrounding communities.
· Decrease recurrent violent injury.
· Provide crisis intervention to victims, family, and community.
· Decrease retaliatory violence.
· Provide healthy positive role models.
· Decrease truancy and increase academic performance (academic assistance/tutoring/GED).
· Improve surveillance and identifying victims of violence and those at risk for violent injury.
· Work with established community based violence intervention organizations and educational institutions.
· Improve confidence and self esteem.